Sunday, May 8, 2011

23 Weeks

 
Pregnancy Highlights:  I got my doppler this week!  I came across a blog that had a link to an organization called Tiny Heartbeats that lends a doppler to women who have experienced multiple losses.  I was hoping to get it during the first trimester, but the waiting list was longer, so it just came this week.  Now we can listen to Baby Bumblebee's heartbeat anytime we want!  He doesn't enjoy it so much.  Both at the doctor's office and at home he has kicked and pushed against the doppler when we try to listen!

How Far Along: 23 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is more than 11 inches long, and weighs just over a pound, about as much as a large mango.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: So I went to the doctor this week... and got on the scale.  I was dreading this, because I had no idea what to expect, but it wasn't too bad.  They are usually a few pounds ahead of what I weigh in at home, but according to their scale, I 've gained 16 pounds so far. 

Maternity Clothes: It's all maternity wear for me. Except for one outfit, the one in the picture about!  That is my normal clothing.

Gender: It's a BOY! Still no names.  We've been teasing the girls telling them we are going to name him Melky, after Melky Cabrerra from the Royals.  I started a list this week.

Movement: Hiccups have slowed, or at least have become less noticeable.  He's definitely sideways, and I can tell when he wakes up and starts stretching out!

Sleep: Has been better this week, but with all the projects going on around the house, we've been staying up late just to relax.  My goal for this week is to get to bed earlier.

What I miss:  My clothes! Nothing ever fits the same as the last time I put it on, even my maternity things.  I'm getting a little worried over the size of this boy!  And it all seems to be in the belly.

Cravings: Chocolate.  And still pizza, and red meat.  I told Scott I feel like I could eat a Whopper or a Big Mac every meal and I would be happy!

Symptoms: Typical pregnancy symptoms.  Nothing too bad.  There have been times this week when I have even felt normal! 

Best Moment This Week: Bianca is very curious as to how Baby Bumblebee will be coming out of Mommy's tummy.  We're still trying to figure out how to handle that question from a 3 1/2 year old.  So far, the answer has been that he'll stay in until he grows enough, and then we'll go to the hospital and the doctor will help with that. 

Medically:  I had a regular appointment this week.  Next ultrasound is tomorrow, Monday:) I thought it was this week as well, but when I finally found my calendar, I realized I had missed it last week, and it was the one time that they did not call with a reminder.  Refer to week 17 post for the perinatologist appointment about the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation.

And for your entertainment, since I am wearing the same outfit as I was at 19 weeks....  

3 comments:

  1. I once had an ob nurse tell me that the best way she had heard to tell kids how the baby comes out is that "when it's time, God makes a special place in the mamma for the baby to come out." It covers c-section and vaginal birth! My only question with this explanation is....will your child ask where the "place" is and are you comfortable talking about it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good mama! And I could eat a whopper or big mac every day, too. But I'm just like food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks gals! Robin, I'm looking for some books to help explain this. I saw one a few years ago, and am now wishing I had purchased it, because now I cannot remember the author or the title!
    Kayla Sue, I like my food as well, Scott says I am a slow eater, but I just enjoy it! However, I can't seem to satisfy the hunger this pregnancy. Trying to make wise choices on the foods!

    ReplyDelete