Monday, May 2, 2011

22 Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:  The girls have let me know this week that they think my baby belly is BIG.  They laugh every time they see it!

How Far Along: 22 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is almost one pound and is approximately 11 inches long, about the length of a spaghetti squash.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still don't know...  and my scale at home never agrees with the one at the doctors office (I use my scale b/c I wear the same thing every time I weigh).  I'm not sure if the batteries in the scaled being dead is a good thing or a bad thing.  Guess we'll find out when I get new ones!

Maternity Clothes: It's all maternity wear for me.

Gender: It's a BOY! Still no names.  We've been teasing the girls telling them we are going to name him Melky, after Melky Cabrerra from the Royals.

Movement: Like I said, the hiccups come often.  It makes me laugh!  Bumblebee is starting to get some knobby knees and elbows too.  The pokes have started, and every once in a while, its a little uncomfortable.  He was pretty much on a schedule of movement until this past week, and now the only regularity is that if I'm trying to go to sleep, he's moving!

Sleep: Still dealing with Bianca and sleep.  Her schedule is off now, so we are trying to get her back on it.  The hard part is that she really needs a nap in the late afternoon (b/c she gets cranky!), but if she gets it, then its midnight bedtime again, and it starts all over.  So we're down to 30 minutes of napping yesterday, and she was asleep by 10 last night.  However, with the rain, and the busy weekend, we all slept in today, and it was 9 am before she was waking up! 

What I miss:  My clothes! Nothing ever fits the same as the last time I put it on, even my maternity things.  I'm getting a little worried over the size of this boy!  And it all seems to be in the belly.

Cravings: Always pizza, and red meat.  I told Scott I feel like I could eat a Whopper or a Big Mac every meal and I would be happy!  And this week I have been starving.

Symptoms: Typical pregnancy symptoms.  Nothing too bad.  There have been times this week when I have even felt normal! 

Best Moment This Week: Bianca thinks the arrival of the baby is imminent.  Every thing is going to happen 'after the baby comes'.  Also, I looked down during church yesterday, and saw my belly moving around! 

Medically: Nothing this week.  I have a regular appointment this week.  Next ultrasound is Thursday :)   Refer to week 17 post for the perinatologist appointment about the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation.

No comments:

Post a Comment