Monday, May 16, 2011

The Sayings of Little Girls

The girls have been talking a lot lately.  I have a feeling its going to be a rare moment that we have peace and quiet in our home for a long time!  But I enjoy it so much.  They have such interesting insights and things to say.  Their conclusions and assumptions are entertaining as they try to make sense of things they see in the world and reconcile them with what they already know.  Bianca has been on a roll recently....
  • Recently, with all the nice weather, we have seen a number of cars with their convertible tops down to enjoy the warmth and sun.  Bianca keeps pointing them out, saying, "That car doesn't have any TOPPINGS!"

  • We were out with the whole family (that includes Memaw and Papa) one evening (honestly, I can't remember where we went!), and on the way home, Memaw said to the girls, "You were so good tonight!" to which Bianca replied, "I know."  

  • When we are tucking Bianca in to bed at night, her most recent trick is to move and talk just to keep herself awake as long as possible.  As I'm trying to settle her down, I told her it was quiet time, so she needed to stop talking.  Bianca replied, with her eyes squeezed closed, in a whisper, "Mommy, I'm sleep talking."

  • Bianca loves to be upside down.  She really likes to watch tv that way.  In her words, she is "side up!"
 And of course, Bella has had her moments as well.  She recently told me that when I hit bumps in the road it makes her tummy hurt, followed up with, "Mommy, have you ever heard of road sickness?"

Recently, I was getting ready to take a shower.  Bianca is suddenly very interested in what Baby Bumblebee is doing, so she asked if he was going to take a shower also.  When I said yes, she thought that was really funny, and ran to tell Bella, who also had to come check this out.  I guess they never thought about it before, that I don't put Baby Bumblebee down just to take a shower.  In addition, Bianca has asked if I raise my arm, does Baby Bumblebee raise his arm too?

I'm linking up in the Homemakers by Choice Bloghop..... 

Homemaker blog hop

1 comment:

  1. haha aww that was too cute :) Thank you for the laughs!

    Blessings,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete