I love reading books! If I'm not reading, I must be extremely busy. A blogger friend of mine had a link on her website for "Blogging for Books" program, so I looked into it and decided to try it out. Following is my first review.
I am reviewing Allison Pittman's novel, "Lilies in Moonlight." It is a paperback novel of 338 pages, as well as a readers guide and author's note. Its suggested retail price is $14.99. Allison Pittman is also the author of "For Time and Eternity," Crossroads of Grace series, "The Bridegrooms," and "Stealing Home."
Lilie Margolis is a young girl trying to make her own way in the Roaring '20s. She encounters two people, Cullen and his mother Betty Ruth, who unknowingly begin to show her the true and real meaning of love. This storyline is set among characters with real problems and issues in their own lives, one dealing with scars of a life that was not what his parents had planned for him, and the other living in her own reality due to selective amnesia.
It is a light and enjoyable read, one at times that I could not keep my interest in (the beginning and character development was a bit slow), and others when I could not put it down. There are many twists and turns in the story, some expected, others very unexpected, and while it does have a happy ending, not all of the problems are resolved as one would expect.
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers for the purpose of writing an honest review. I received no other compensation.

No comments:
Post a Comment