(Please excuse the big baggy maternity jeans (they're just comfy!), and the exhausted look. Thursday and Friday were very full days for our family!)Pregnancy Highlights: The big ultrasound was this week, and we found out that we are having a BOY! We are all excited! The girls really wanted a brother. Well, Bianca decided she did after big sister convinced her a few weeks ago :)
How Far Along: 17 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is around 5 oz, and is close to 5 inches crown to rump, about the size of a red onion.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Total weight gain of 3 lbs so far.
Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans are much more comfortable than my regular jeans, though they are a little big, but I can still wear a few pairs of jeans (I bought a few one size big right after I found out I was pregnant, so I could wear them longer!). I can still wear my regular shirts mostly, if I have a long tank under them.
Gender: It's a BOY!
Movement: This baby is moving! Its starting to feel a bit more like kicks rather than flutters. I especially feel movement at night, around 10 pm, but also at other random times throughout the day.
Sleep: Sleep has been pretty good, if I get my pillows arranged right (all 4 of them!). Starting to wake up for bathroom breaks again, but that may be because I've been drinking more water later in the evening. I always wake up with very low back pain, but it usually is better after a warm shower. I'm thinking of using my Amazon gift cards I've earned from Swagbucks to get a pregnancy pillow! It looks so comfy!
What I miss: Being able to wear anything I pull out of my closet! And being able to wear my contacts ALL day long. My eyes are starting to get really dry mid afternoon these days.
Cravings: Lately, I think I've become a carnivore! I want beef, pizza, and junk food. This is SO different from pregnancies with my girls, when I wanted fresh veggies, fruits, and salads (no grease!). And this week, I'm suddenly on a pretzel kick... can't get enough of those salty things!
Symptoms: The nausea is pretty much gone. Lower back pain is still there in the mornings, and anytime I wake up at night.
Best Moment This Week: Sleeping this morning! Scott got up with the girls today, and let me sleep:) He's the best!
Medically: We saw Dr. Cowles, our perinatologist, on Thursday. She did measurements on Baby Bumblebee, and everything looks good! We'll be having Biophysical Profile Ultrasounds done every 4 weeks, starting in 5 weeks (at 22 weeks). They'll be watching for growth restriction, indicating that they placenta is not functioning at full capacity. Still on baby aspirin daily.
Awesome news praying fir a healthy baby & delivery
ReplyDeleteI will be praying that all goes well and the your little Bumblebee will be healthy and happy.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Ladies! We're praying for an uneventful pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through a Factor II search. I am 6 weeks pregnant and had to make the decision of baby asparin or heparin or both. I chose to do both. I have 3 boys and have also had 3 miscarriages. Thanks for all the info you have put on your blog, there really doesn't seem to be very much info out there. I'll add you to my blog role and pray for you to have a healthy delivery. I can't wait to see the blog post where you have a healthy baby in your arms!
ReplyDeleteEwe, I too have factor 2 and 3 miscarriages after 2 live births. What was the outcome on your pregnancy? I would to talk with you.
DeleteJill@sjlife.com
Pregnancy pillow...thinking I need one. Also, you look great!
ReplyDeleteEwe, Thanks for getting in contact with me! I'm following your story, also, and can't wait to see YOUR healthy baby!!
ReplyDeleteRobin, I'm definitely getting one. I showed it to hubby last night @Target, and I think he wanted it too! Thanks for your compliment :)