Tuesday, March 29, 2011

David's Bag of Stones

We have been attending Knowing Moms at College Church since November, and what a blessing it has been! Thank you, Laura, for the invite!! I have met new friends, and have been able to have Mommy time while my girls are learning about Jesus with their friends. This week's lesson in Knowing Kids was David and Goliath, which I thought was awesome, because we just read that story during our Bible reading at home. The girls came home telling me all about their story, and excited to eat their stones (which were giant marshmallows, just in case anyone tried to relive the story!).


"David's Bag of Stones
God uses people whether they are big or little"

Bella was definitely used by God that day. She did the sweetest thing! I was exhausted that day (as I am many days), and as soon as I mentioned how tired I was, she suggested that I take a nap. Well, a nap did sound nice, but with two little mischief finders, quite impossible. I did however, agree to a rest time. She was very insistent that I get that in, and I couldn't help but wonder what idea she had up her sleeve for that time, but I really needed it. So, I put in a movie and got them settled in to watch while I took a quick warm bath. When I got out, I found a bag outside the bathroom door waiting for me. Bella had filled the bag with healthy treats - a banana, apple, and a granola bar. I was so surprised, and it was so cute! She worked hard to finish coloring her bag at home, and then put the bag together all by herself! What a thoughtful thing to do for her tired mommy.


It made me realize that it's the little things. God uses people, whether big or little. Even when we're feeling small, God can use us. In our homes or work, wherever we are. We just have to be listening for what those things are. Bella was listening that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment