Pregnancy Highlights: Baby Bumblebee has the hiccups ALL the time! And Bella got to feel him bouncing around during one of those many episodes. She wasn't overly excited about it, just said, "Yep, I felt it."
How Far Along: 20 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is around 10 ounces, and is somewhere between 10 inches long crown to heel, about the length of a banana.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still don't know... and my scale at home never agrees with the one at the doctors office (I use my scale b/c I wear the same thing every time I weigh). I'm not sure if the batteries in the scaled being dead is a good thing or a bad thing. Guess we'll find out when I get new ones!
Maternity Clothes: I am wearing mostly only maternity pants, but am still able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy shirts, thought they are getting fewer in number. Gonna have to go shopping soon!
Gender: It's a BOY! And we have NO idea what we are going to name him. This seems to be SO much harder than it was for the girls!
Movement: Like I said, the hiccups come often. It makes me laugh! Bumblebee is starting to get some knobby knees and elbows too. The pokes have started, and every once in a while, its a little uncomfortable. He's been kicking my bladder or something this weekend, and it hurts!
Sleep: Its not been great this week, but unfortunately, that hasn't been due to pregnancy. Bianca has not wanted to be in her bed this week, and its made for some late nights.
What I miss: This week we have started packing up my in-laws house to get it ready for sale, and I just can't do everything I am used to being able to do! I have to depend on Scott to move things and do a lot more for me. He's not used to that either.
Cravings: Bread (and I never love bread), meat, and pasta. And Pizza, oh sweet pizza! I've been trying to eat more salads and fresh veggies. It helps to have them chopped and ready in the fridge, along with some veggie dip.
Symptoms: Typical pregnancy symptoms. Nothing too bad.
Best Moment This Week: We laid in bed one night watching my stomach bounce around while Bumblebee had the hiccups. Yep, we could SEE it! I'm a little worried about what it will be like in 20 weeks, if we can see it now....
Medically: I had some pain in my calf that was bothering me and was unexplainable (I've not been exercising or doing anything different), and it was starting to worry me about a possible blood clot. This pain was not like a cramp, because it didn't hurt all of the time, only when I was up on it. I could even massage it without any pain. So I called the doctor, and they went ahead and had me come in for an ultrasound on my leg. First time for that! Thankfully, it was nothing, and the doctor chalked it up to muscle strain, but who knows from what! Refer to week 17 post for the perinatologist appointment about the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation.

No comments:
Post a Comment