Thursday, April 21, 2011

Everyday Miracles



Miracles...

When I first started thinking of this, I could think of nothing!  NOTHING!  I mean, I'm not one to discount the hand of God in my life, but I've also not had one of those moments where I had a miraculous healing or saved from some great disaster.  But once I started thinking about it, I'm sure I've had miracles in my life that I will see someday when I finally see how all the details of my life have worked out.  They just aren't as obvious to my human eyes.  Besides, wikipedia has defined miracle, among other definitions, as "simply a "wonderful" occurrence, regardless of likelihood, such as a birth."  So I've decided to list my 'miracles' in my life, in no particular order.
 
-My children.  Of course, being pregnant and having experienced multiple miscarriages, along with the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation diagnosis, makes me so aware of this supremely large miracle.   I am amazed at all that must work together to form a human being, all of the complicated processes and timing of each minute detail.  It is enough to confirm to me that there is a God, if there was ever any question.  God has a hand in how and when each child comes into our lives, and every time it is a miracle.

-The blessing of being at home with my children.  My husband has been a youth pastor up until very recently in our lives.  Youth ministry is not a vocation you enter because of the money!  It was his calling, and we were faithful.  My calling is to be with my children, and God has been faithful.  There have been so many times when our budget would not make sense, when we could not explain how it all fit together, but it does.  Early on, we were told that we were naive to think that we could live on a youth pastor's income alone, and while I have provided a small supplemental income at times through childcare, it has been done mainly on his income.  Yes, there are sacrifices.  We've only had cable television for 3 months of that time, we don't go on vacations often, we don't have new clothes all of the time, but we have what matters, and I would not trade it for anything in the world!
This is from WAY back when, our first year married :)

-My marriage.  Words cannot describe the love and respect I have for my husband.

-Having no income for nearly 5 months.  As I said, until recently, my husband was in youth ministry.  We recently made a move from Pennsylvania to his hometown, Kansas City, Kansas, where he entered the world of real estate.  He became a licensed realtor, and began building his career.  This was a move we planned for 2 months, and were on limited income in saving up for it.  We were not planning on him entering a career that would not have immediate, regular income, but God has provided every step. 

-My relationship with Christ.  God sent his only Son to die for me, and He rose again, overcoming death.  I have a relationship with Him, and its more than a decision I made one time.  It is life changing for me, all the time.  I am constantly being challenged and changed.

Okay, so once I got started, I can name many miracles in my life.  I am thankful for every one, and all of those I don't even have time or room to mention.  Thank you, God, for every miracle you have given me, and especially those I am unaware of!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny how the more we think about ways God has worked in our lives the more miracles we can come up with. :)

    ReplyDelete