Monday, April 25, 2011

21 weeks

 

Pregnancy Highlights:  I just love feeling this little one flip and kick and hiccup all of the time.... except for that nightly 2 am workout!

How Far Along: 21 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is around three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long, about the length of a carrot.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Still don't know...  and my scale at home never agrees with the one at the doctors office (I use my scale b/c I wear the same thing every time I weigh).  I'm not sure if the batteries in the scaled being dead is a good thing or a bad thing.  Guess we'll find out when I get new ones!

Maternity Clothes: It's all maternity wear for me.  Even most of the shirts I was wearing just last week are now too short to work anymore!

Gender: It's a BOY! Still no names.  Scott really likes Jacob, but its SO popular, so we're still searching.  I finally found my baby name books this week, so I've got to start the list.  I've been asked to present a short list of names to Scott to discuss, instead of randomly throwing out names ALL the time.  You know us women, we're always multi-tasking, and names come to mind during really random moments. :)

Movement: Like I said, the hiccups come often.  It makes me laugh!  Bumblebee is starting to get some knobby knees and elbows too.  The pokes have started, and every once in a while, its a little uncomfortable.  He was pretty much on a schedule of movement until this past week, and now the only regularity is that if I'm trying to go to sleep, he's moving!

Sleep: Still dealing with Bianca and sleep.  Her schedule is off now, so we are trying to get her back on it.  The hard part is that she really needs a nap in the late afternoon (b/c she gets cranky!), but if she gets it, then its midnight bedtime again, and it starts all over.  So we're down to 30 minutes of napping yesterday, and she was asleep by 10 last night.  However, with the rain, and the busy weekend, we all slept in today, and it was 9 am before she was waking up! 

What I miss:  My clothes! Nothing ever fits the same as the last time I put it on, even my maternity things.  I'm getting a little worried over the size of this boy!  And it all seems to be in the belly.

Cravings: Pizza and big meals.  I'm either really hungry, or not at all!

Symptoms: Typical pregnancy symptoms.  Nothing too bad.  There have been times this week when I have even felt normal!

Best Moment This Week: Apparently, I 'popped' this week.  Other people are starting to notice that I am pregnant now.  Can't wait to hear what perfect strangers now think.....

Medically: Nothing this week.  I think I have a regular appointment this week, but I'll have to check my calendar for sure!  Next ultrasound is next week :)   Refer to week 17 post for the perinatologist appointment about the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation.

2 comments: