Friday, April 1, 2011

18 weeks


Pregnancy Highlights: That we've made it to 18 weeks! And that I don't have to do Lovenox injections so far.

How Far Along: 18 weeks

Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is around 6 oz, and is close to 5 1/2 inches crown to rump, about the size of a grapefruit.

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Total weight gain of 3 lbs so far.

Maternity Clothes: Maternity jeans are my life nowadays. I can still wear the old regular jeans, but I am definitely more comfortable in maternity pants. I am still wearing regular shirts, though, as my rounded tummy is still too little to fill out the maternity shirts, for the most part. I have a few that are smaller that I can wear.

Gender: It's a BOY!

Movement: Baby Bumblebee is making himself better known this week. I've noticed twice that while Bianca was on my lap, she was being kicked at, even though she can't feel it yet. I have a feeling that will be a regular occurrence, even after birth! ha!

Sleep: Sleep was better this week. I am awaiting the arrival of my Boppy Body Pillow. I currently have a regular body pillow and regular pillow running the length of the bed on either side of me to support my back and belly. Scott doesn't have much room for himself in the bed!

What I miss: My old sleep schedule! I suddenly have a burst of energy or insomnia from about 9-midnight every night. I have got to get over this, because my girls like to take turns getting up at 7 am every morning. I also realized last night that I can no longer sit on the floor with my knees pulled up and my chin on my knees. Very sad, because that is my favorite way to sit!

Cravings: I haven't had many this week. I've been able to get more fresh salads and such in, though. And Pepsi has started to kind of taste funny to me.

Symptoms: I've had a couple mornings this week where I felt like I had morning sickness again, but other than that I've been feeling good!

Best Moment This Week: Witnessing the sibling rivalry already between Bianca and Baby Bumblebee. He was kicking her for sitting on my lap, and she's getting upset that I can't carry her as much.

Medically: Nothing new for me this week, except that I DID NOT see the doctor this week. That's the first time since my first appointment (at 6 weeks) that I have not seen a doctor every week. I'm finally getting to the point where I can feel movement daily, so I don't feel the need to go in for a heartbeat check this week. I'll see the doctor next week. I may or may not be scheduling my 20 week ultrasound with Dr. Snider. I'm not sure if they will do one at his office, since the perinatologist, Dr. Cowles, will be doing regular ultrasounds every 4 weeks, starting at 22 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment