Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Can Make a Difference

I was thinking about what I should post today.  Thinking and praying, and thinking that maybe I should write a post about what I've been reading this week in my quiet time (two things: Psalm 63 and about Lot's wife, separate studies).  Yesterday, I read a blog that I immediately felt that I needed to share about.

But I didn't.

And I didn't do it because it is a difficult thing.  Its not pretty, or encouraging, or even comfortable.  Then this morning, I read another blog post.  And immediately I knew that I needed to share about what I had read.

In fact, its ugly, sickening, and exactly what God was referring to when he said to care for the orphans and the widows.

I am disgusted and heart broken that children are suffering in this way.  And that we try to hide them away and smooth it over.  Its very easy to pretend that it isn't happening. 

I tried.  I couldn't do it.  I have to share this.  Because it is what I can do.  And I hope that you will pray and consider what you can do.  I wasn't going to share this because I cannot even contribute financially to the campaign that I am about to link up to.  And how can I ask you to do something if I myself cannot do it?  But my contribution will be prayer and creating awareness for others.

Do the hard things.  Love others and care for them, even when you will not receive the same.  Its what we as Christians have been called to do.  Its these things that will matter when I am gone.  That I have done my best to show the love of Christ to those around me.

I don't have the words to even begin to share about how these children are suffering, so please click here and see what Adeye has shared. 

2 comments: