Today is my birthday. I rarely post about myself, so I'm gonna do that today! Everything I love or am thinking about.... well, just about everything :)
+I am finally feeling like I'm home again. We have settled into our little apartment, its very cozy and comfortable. I'm surrounded by things I love. Our little family has settled into a routine. We love our church! We are making dear friends. It just finally feels like home.
Some of this I think is coming from some freedom I've found recently.
+The Lord has been working on my heart. It was and has been broken repeatedly by miscarriages and hurts from being a family in the ministry (though there was also much joy), and at some point I decided I was done and pulled into my shell. The healing has been taking place over the last year, but especially in the last month or so. I remember a sermon by our pastor a few weeks ago where he challenged us to let go of our fears. At the time, I didn't think I had any real fears, aside from the normal fear of losing my family. I mean, we've faced most of the fears I had over the years, some by choice and some by force... loss of pregnancy, job, home, what else is there to lose? But I had a fear of getting hurt again. I've been protecting myself by keeping others at arms' length. I let go of that fear slowly but surely recently, and it is so FREEING! I have a joy that I remember having at a time when things were 'normal' in our life. There is much I could say on this, but I want to cover some other things today too. :O)
+I love our small group. We all connect on many levels. If it weren't for needing to let the sitters go home, we could probably discuss and chat all night long when we meet. The guys are meeting once a week on their own to do Bible study and just be accountable to one another. The gals get together for play dates, etc, and we all get together to just have fun at different times. They are becoming dear friends. We all support one another and help out where we can. Its been a great example of what the church should be, and I look forward to what the Lord has in store for us!
+I have been busy with a hobby of mine that I love... crocheting. I have made a few things over the past two years... baby blankets (3), a 'hoodie', fingerless gloves, and now I'm working on puppet scarves for the girls. I was given a subscription to Crochet Today last year for my birthday from Dad and Sandy. I devour it each time it arrives, and there are always projects I would love to do in each issue! I'm a little obsessed, and Scott wants to know when I'm going to start profiting from this. Not sure about that, honey! Yesterday two gals from our small group came over and we talked crochet all morning. They wanted to learn, so I started teaching them during the Super Bowl game while we were 'watching' with the guys. I really enjoyed that.
+I started a new habit recently as well. I've subscribe to Kat's blog over at Inspired to Action for a while now. (Check her out. I am often challenged by her posts.) I decided over Christmas break that we really needed to do something about our morning routine in order to make it go a little more smoothly getting Bella ready for school. Every season, Kat puts together a challenge to moms to get up before the kids and exercise and meet with Jesus every morning. I randomly put it out on Face book that I was thinking about doing this to see if anyone was interested in doing it with me, and an interesting group formed. There are 7 of us who get up every morning (nearly) and do this, then text one another and encourage them on in our roles. So, I've been getting up at 6 am most mornings to shower and read my Bible. Exercising has been slow to be added, but I'm working on it. Its been fun with these gals. There is one from nearly every place I have lived, so while I know everyone in the group, but the group doesn't really know one another. Even so, each lady has been a blessing. We are encouraging and praying for each other throughout the day.
+I'm looking forward to a weekend in Illinois.
+I'm planning a Pinterest Party in my mind, where we have food and make something from what we've found on Pinterest.
+I'm still working on cooking frugally. Scouring the web for low cost meals. We've eaten two meatless meals this week! (very unusual for us)
+I can't wait to spend some time with Scott tonight. We are going out to eat and then going shopping to spend some gift cards I received for Christmas.
+Our church is getting ready to break ground on our building. I'm so excited about what ministries will be accomplished using the facilities.
+I have to go so I can finish dishes, bathe Jacob and get him ready (he's going with us tonight), and do some more laundry!
+I promise more pictures upcoming. I'm using a different computer, and apparently all of the 'outlets on the front of the tower are turned off, which includes the memory card spot. :( Have to figure that out!
We love and miss all of you. The girls are growing so well and are so beautiful! I'd love to see the "little man" in your life! Life is ever about change if we're going to grow, & it looks like you've found that out. Love & blessings, Judy
ReplyDeleteThanks Judy! We miss all of you as well. Learning and growing.. that's what life is all about!
DeleteThanks for sharing your journey with us. It is encouraging to hear of how God is working in your life.
ReplyDeleteMany blessings!
Marilee, so good to hear from you! I'm glad it is encouraging to you. Its fun to look back and know that 'all things are working together' and be able to actually see it.
Delete