Monday, February 27, 2012

Nine Inches to Freedom and a Blessing

She finally said it.  The words I had been waiting, begging to hear, yet dreading at the same time.

"I want my hair cut short."

And she kept saying it.

And I kept fighting and struggling to get it brushed out :every: :single: :morning:.

"How short?"

"To here," she said, as she pointed to a spot somewhere between her chin and her shoulder.

One more morning of struggling to tame it, and I said, "Okay!"

Nine inches.  She got a nine inch ponytail cut off.  And it will be going to Pantene Beautiful Lengths to be crafted into a wig for patients who have cancer.

She also lost a tooth the night before getting her hair cut.  She now has only one front baby tooth left, and its barely hanging on.

Below, she is pictured with her favorite toy and book.  She had to take pictures with these for a class project this weekend.  These were her choices.  





No comments:

Post a Comment