Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thursday Brain Dump

This was while we waited at the pharmacy.
1.  Jacob is feeling better.  Mostly.  He is still spiking a fever at night.  And a runny nose and coughing until he gags.  But I think most of that is from the drainage he's experiencing.  Oh yeah, he had an ear infection.  That was the conclusion at the doctor's office on Monday.  So today is his fourth day of meds, and he had a fever again last night.  I guess I'll wait and see what happens this weekend.  The office is open all weekend anyhow. 

2.  We made crayon hearts for the goody bags for Valentine's Day parties for the girls.  They turned out alright.  All of the wax from the crayons rose to the top/back of the heart when they were melting/baking.  So the back of the hearts is white-ish and the front is greasy.  But it worked.  Bella and Bianca were excited to do it, and we all enjoyed it.
No, she didn't touch the knife!

3.  Scott and I did nothing for each other on Valentine's Day.  We're not really anti-celebrating it, but we don't require something on THE DAY.  So last night, after putting the girls to bed, we (and Jacob) went to Jose Peppers for a quiet little dinner and just time to chat.  That was it.  Our Valentine celebration.  A little over the top, don'tcha think?

4.  Today Scott is at Bella's school as the WatchDog.  This is how the school gets dads to volunteer more.  So far, by lunchtime (at 10:45), he had worked with fifth graders on their math, fourth graders on spelling, and played games with Bella, in addition to holding the door this morning while the children arrived.
Bianca was awesome at peeling the papers off!

5.  I was WAY EXCITED about the 2 inches of snow we received on Monday night/Tuesday.  I love snow.  It makes life so much more... exciting.  We rushed home after school and the girls went out to play in it.  Which was a very good thing, because it was almost all gone by the next morning.  Still, it wasn't enough to make me wish for spring yet.  So I'm still wishing for snow.  Sorry.

6.  I'm supposed to be making a menu and a shopping list.  Hhhmmmm, probably should do that so I can get groceries before I go pick up Bianca in 1.5 hours!

7.  I just watched the pilot episode of the show Smash.  Loved it.  Can't wait for this evening so that Scott and I can watch the second one after the girls go to bed.  So which girl are they going to pick for the part?  And what's the dark haired girl's name?  There's Ivy and...... ?  I can't remember.  I also still need to watch The Bachelor.  Yeah, its my guilty pleasure.  There's always so much drama.   And I get to hang out with the girlfriends while I watch it usually.  *Winning.*
My view in the morning when I wake up :)

8.  I have not been grocery shopping *for us* since my original trip, except for bread and milk.  Oh, and that extra box of tea bags I picked up on the Super Bowl shopping trip.  And the Oreos.  But really, that's it!  And now I need to go again, but we do still have chicken from the Roast chicken I made.  We've eaten it twice now, plus I had a few pieces for lunch, and I have at least one more meal to make out of it, plus the broth to use.  And it was only 85 cents per pound!  Score!

9.  I am almost finished with Bianca's scarf that I've been working on.  I have to put the eyeballs on one puppet.  I'm not sure what my next project will be.  Any ideas?

10. Bella really wants to cut her hair.  Well, she did last night and this morning.  I think she just wanted to it to be special for her day with Daddy today at school.  We'll see if she keeps asking.  She also keeps wavering between just a trim, and getting 10 inches off to donate to Locks of Love.  So we'll see.  Every morning, I'm ready to chop it, she is SO tender headed. 

11.  I still haven't gotten the SD slot to work yet, so while I have taken pictures, I am still unable to get them off my camera!

12.  I'm going to go make that list now so I can rush off to Aldi before I have to get Bianca.  We'll all be home by 3:45 today!  I'm way excited about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment