Ten years ago, I was 19, about to turn 20. Wow! How things have changed! So here's a look back....
I've graduated from college, got married, left my hometown, lived in 6 different homes (including our temporary housing), bought and sold two homes, and been blessed with two precious little girls and three angel babies. I've made numerous friends, some who were for a season, and some I'll have for life, though we may not keep in touch as well as we wish.
I've learned a lot of things, some important, some not so important. I traveled out of the country. I've lived in three states. I gave birth with no medication. Three babies passed from my heart into heaven and the arms of Jesus. These are all things I didn't foresee in the year 1999, and they have all changed my life.
I look forward to what the next decade, my thirties, soon, will bring. The last one was good, very good, but I'm sure God will only build upon it. I pray that whatever may come, it will only bring glory to His name, that I will be a vehicle for His love to shine on the lives of others.
20 years ago, I was 12 and in the 7th Grade. It was my first full year in the youth group and I had yet to hear my call to ministry. I was in the middle of my ONLY year of schooling where one of my sisters was not in the same building as me for classes.
ReplyDeleteSince then I have met countless number of friends that will be for a lifetime, not even to mention starting dating, facing dating troubles, and meeting the girl of my dreams. Going through middle & high school, college, and beginning a career of my own...charting totally unknown territory.
Working on a district with people I hadn't even met until the last few years of the decade. But more importantly, not remembering what life was like before all of these people entered into my life. They make up the fabric of what I now consider to be my life, don't even like picturing life before them anymore!!
Of course your life has changed! I know you can't imagine life without our family in it;) Where would you be without us?! Haha!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing what happens in ten years time? don't blink, Jon, it goes even faster once you're out of college.
Okay, that statement makes me old, but wise.
Hmmm...10 years ago I had just moved into my very first apartment with Brandie, in which I was completely banned from cooking because the results were generally dangerous and always inedible. I was engaged, but still years away from getting married. Since then I have 3 times, owned two homes, changed jobs twice, and changed churches three times. I got my MBA, gotmarried, learned to cook, moved to Danville, left public accounting, had Brandie as a roommate again this time with me doing all the cooking, learned to ride a motorcycle and breath underwater (not at the same time of course).
ReplyDeleteHopefully in the next 10 years, I will grow with God, move back to Ridge Farm (or at least out of Danville), have children, further my career with the same company, survive my husband's political aspirations, and maybe even own a house in the Keys(its good to dream).