Monday, January 4, 2010

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I've been out of the blogging mood. Even now, I can't think of anything to blog. I'm sure if I would just get started, I would think of lots of things to post, it's the getting started that is the hard part. And there is just SO much to get done still in this house. Have I told you that I am glad its not mine? Because I would be ripping the place down to studs and starting over. There are so many things I would do to this house. But I love that I don't have to worry about that, because its just 'ours' temporarily!

Well, now that our Christmas letters have all arrived (after Christmas, but they went out before!), I thought I would post it here. If I could afford all of the stamps, I would have sent one to you all, so consider this YOUR letter:) Here goes....


Merry Christmas, Friends!
We hope that this first Christmas letter from our family finds you resting in His peace and enjoying the season of celebrating Christ’s birth. We, along with our church, have joined in Advent Conspiracy, and are focusing on Worshiping fully, Spending less, Giving more, and Loving all this season. It is allowing us to build on our relationships with one another, spread the love of Christ, and focus on the meaning of Christmas more fully.

This year has been an eventful one in our family, and brought many changes. We began the year enjoying the pregnancy of another baby girl, but she joined our loved ones in heaven before we held her in our arms. While we grieve this loss, we thank God for the happiness and joy she was able to bring to us during the few weeks we were aware of her presence. This third miscarriage took us on a medical journey, and we are hoping that we have found some answers to these losses.

February began a long journey that God is still leading us in. We started feeling Him move in our hearts that He was preparing a new place of ministry for our family. Through many closed doors, and a trip to New Jersey, God led us to Fairview Village Church of the Nazarene in Eagleville, Pennsylvania, about 20 miles northwest of Philadelphia. We felt at home there from the first meeting we had, and Scott agreed to come on staff in late August. Thus began the task of figuring out how to move a family of four across country to a place we’ve only visited once for three days! After packing 160+ boxes, and with the help of many dear friends in Indianapolis, the 26 foot truck was loaded to the hilt and we were headed out of town the last weekend of September. In a miraculous answer to prayer, our house in Indianapolis was on the market for five days, with three showings, and we received two full price offers! We closed on the house, loaded the truck, and headed out of town all in 24 hours time.

We started our time in Eagleville staying with the Executive Pastor, Bryan Heil, and his wife, Linda. We were SO appreciative of their hospitality and willingness to allow us to bring two little girls into their once quiet home! We stayed with them for about 4 weeks before we found a rental home surrounded by horse pastures. Though we are only four miles from the church (about a 10 minute drive!), we feel as though we are out in the middle of nowhere! It is so peaceful here, and was very pretty in the fall, and during the first snow (which melted 3 days later!). We hope to make many memories and start some new traditions in our new home. (Picture above was taken from our bedroom window.)

Isabella is now 4 ½ years old and started preschool at the church three half days per week right after we moved. She is making many friends and enjoys her time in class, and at Children of the Word (COW), while Mommy is at Women of the Word (WOW). Her favorite thing is to play house, whether she is the mommy, sister, baby, or dog, and attempting to play Nintendo Wii with Daddy. Bella is a very girly girl, and wears only dresses. On a rare occasion, she will dawn pants, and we act like we don’t know who she is!

Bianca is now 2 years old, and growing fast! If she keeps up, she and her sister may be sharing clothing soon! She is enjoying her time alone with Mommy for the first time ever. Bianca enjoys playing with Bella, trying to cooperate with her pretend ideas, and helping Mommy. She is very easy going, and very friendly, always smiling. Bianca also likes to try new foods, and really likes to eat Mommy’s food!


We are starting to finally feel settled here in Eagleville, and are learning our way around. The roads are much more confusing than Indy’s grid of streets, but are starting to make sense. With our GPS, we feel as if we could get anywhere! We are looking forward to celebrating Christmas with Scott’s family this year, and will be in Virginia, at his Aunt Carolyn and Uncle Vince Snowbarger’s house on Christmas day, along with the rest of his immediate family. We are thankful for the blessing of having Vince & Carolyn and Scott’s sister and brother-in-law Angie and Travis Sears close by.

We thank God for His many blessings, and especially for His guidance and provision in a time of much transition. We miss you all and hope to catch up with you soon. May you, too, know the peace and love of Christ this advent season!

2 comments:

  1. We received your Christmas letter and loved hearing about all the NEW that's come your way recently. Also fun seeing pics of the girls, as always. I miss you!
    About blogging - I'm dealing with the same issues, but am trying to work through them. I just fear that my posts won't be interesting to others!
    A suggestion for you would be to post about your new home and the area where you live now. Post photos of your decor, of the girls and the activities they are doing now, meal planning and crafting are always popular subjects, too.
    I just read a book on blogging (Blogging for Bliss by Tara Frey) and I wrote a review about it - see my Facebook profile for more info. It'll inspire you to enjoy blogging more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are back!! I miss seeing you! One of my goals this year is to keep in touch with people! I look forward to hearing about you and your family!
    Love you
    trish

    ReplyDelete