Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter boredom

Today was one of those days. It lasted FOREVER! Not because girls were arguing or not listening, not because anyone was sick, not because there was nothing to do (because we all know that there can never be nothing to do for a mom of two, especially after moving to a new home!), but mostly, I believe, because we have been holed up in this house without much going on. We just came off of two weeks of visitors, parties, shopping, presents, and food, and this week, we (as in myself and the girls) have not left the house except to take Bella to school. I was gazing out the window longing for warm weather to go outside and enjoy possibly even more than the little ones. I know Bella asked at least three times if she could go outside as she stared at the ice chunks that were dumped out of her sled before Christmas, and watched the wind blow.

So what do you do on these days? Today, the girls had a tea party, I did every piece of laundry imaginable, colored, we played Candy Land, cleaned out the toy room, colored, even play ball in the house, eventually pulled out the play dough, and colored some more! I need some ideas. Because, despite what one news station led me to believe earlier this evening, every other weather forecaster is becoming a broken record. And its getting very old.

I'm dreaming of a trip to someplace very warm, very sunny, very lay on the beach and soak up the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Precious friend I have sooooo been there! Keep up the good work! Here is a list of a few things I thought of while reading your note
    1) bring the snow inside! play with it at the kitchen table
    2) Go outside!! have an adventure hike around the house. Find the biggest snow mounds or longest icicles
    3) find a project to work on. teach them to sew a simple hat, or bag, and really let them think they are sewing it. Help them make a scrapbook of the Holidays. Make thank you cards and send them out.
    4) have a wii tournament! I bet Bella could knock you out in boxing!!! :)

    You could also go to the hardware store buy a uv bulb put it in a small lamp, turn the heat up in the house, put on your beach clothes and have a beach party!! That sounds like the best idea yet...I might need to go try that one!!

    Have a great weekend! It will be over soon!

    ReplyDelete