Two days in a row now, I've worked out. I did a little longer workout today, and I'm feeling it! That's good, though, right?! Bianca watched today, and she had a pretty funny look on her face. I'm not sure she knew exactly what was going on! Ha! By they way, I forgot to mention, I got the Biggest Loser for Wii. I don't have a balance board, but I haven't run into any exercises I haven't been able to do (or get credit on the game) without it. Still, add that to my wish list!:)
I've also set a challenge for myself in the kitchen: I'm not going shopping for things other than milk until I absolutely have to. Taking into consideration that we just moved into this house November first, it seems a little challenging to me, but so far, so good. I sent Scott to the store for a few things yesterday, but today starts the no shopping. We tried a new recipe tonight, Tomato Pasta. It was pretty good. Bianca really liked it! I think she ate more than I did. She must be getting close to a growth spurt. Here's the recipe if you want to try it...
Tomato Pasta
3 cp Rotini pasta uncooked (I used penne b/c we were out of rotini)
1 medium onion chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1/4 cp balsamic vinaigrette dressing or Zesty Italian (again, had neither, so I used sun-dried tomato vinaigrette)
4 cp coarsely chopped tomatoes
1/2 cp chopped fresh basil
1/2 cp Parmesan cheese
Cook pasta and drain. Combine onions, garlic, and dressing in skillet, and cook 2 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in tomatoes and cook 2 minutes more.
Add to pasta, along with remaining ingredients, and mix lightly.
I honestly have no idea where I got this recipe, or I would give credit where due! It was super easy, taking 20 minutes or so total time (and I had a 2 year old helping me!). Bianca even helped 'chop' a tomato, using her fist to squeeze it when I turned my back. If only there were a video camera running!
No comments:
Post a Comment