We are having Scott's mom, dad and older sister here for Thanksgiving. His younger sister and husband are on base in Jacksonville, North Carolina, and are unable to leave. His older sister's husband is on tour in Iraq serving with the Air Force. It will be a small, incomplete gathering without them. Please keep them in your prayers.
This week is spent preparing for Thanksgiving dinner. I'm trying to have as much as possible done before Thursday. That means shopping today, chopping tomorrow, and assembling on Wednesday. I'm also considering making rolls and noodles from scratch, a first for me. Any advice or recipes are welcomed! We aren't doing anything too big, but we will have a complete meal with all of the traditional dishes:)
Here's the menu for the week.....
Monday
Lunch: PB&J, chips, salsa, Broccoli and cheese
Supper: Vegetable soup
Tuesday
Lunch: pizza
Supper: Chicken Rice Pilaf
Wednesday
Lunch: Leftovers
Supper: Chicken Noodle Soup
Thursday
Lunch: HoneyBaked Ham (yeah, no turkey), Green Bean Casserole, Waldorf Salad, Layered Lettuce Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Noodles, Rolls, Stuffing, Pumpkin Pie, Cheesecake
Supper: Leftovers:)
Friday
Lunch/Supper: Leftovers, I'm sure there will be plenty:)
Saturday
Lunch:
Supper:
Sunday
Lunch:
Supper:
For Saturday and Sunday, I'm leaving it open for discussion with the fam. I know we'll be out this week, so we'll pick up anything we need then! _____________________________________
Check out more menu ideas at Organizing Junkie!
If you wish to attempt homemade rolls, our Thanksgiving would not be complete without my mom's pumpkin rolls. They are fabulous and not any more challenging than making regular rolls. I'll be more than happy to get the recipe from her if you'd like. =)
ReplyDeleteSend it on! I have one pumpkin roll recipe, but I got it online, and I always trust personal recipes more =) Not sure on whether we are making them or not. Scott thinks we should just buy them, as he like 'store-bought just as well.' I however, am trying to do homemade as much as possible! =) Don't ask why?!
ReplyDelete