This weekend was fun! Friday night was Trunk-r-Treat, the girls were adorable! Pictures will be posted soon, but we dressed at church, so I didn't get many. That's on my list to do this week. The church had 1,000 or more visitors! We ran out of candy, but the night was ending just in the nic of time!
Saturday was busy! I put a cake in the oven and ran out the door to my 2 1/2 hour sewing 101 class. It was great! Just what I was looking for - I learned how to read a pattern, and lots of terminology that I needed. I feel like I am ready to start some projects now! While I was gone, Scott watched both girls, cleaned their room and the living room, iced the cake, and made sweet potato casserole for a potluck on Sunday! (I'll leave him home more often if that is the result!:) When I got home, we went to our Sunday School class party, where we had chili and a bonfire. SMORES, MMMM!! When we came home, we enjoyed an extra hour of sleep, setting our clocks back an hour.
Today was a day full of time spent with friends. We had a Sunday School teacher's potluck after church, and then a new evening activity for our church tonight was "Family Connection Night." We have service in the family center with a short devotional, an interview with one or two families from our church, and then we have finger foods and play games. Its been a great way to get to know people that we rarely come in contact with. Bella loves these nights, as she gets to play with her 'older' girlfriends. (They are 2 years older, 5, and they're in kindergarten! How exciting!)
This week is busy as well, but I have discovered that is the norm in the life of a youth pastor. Monday is Mommy time night, Tuesday is free, Wednesday night church, Thursday night is Pastoral Staff night out, Friday (Oh, I'm SO excited about this!!) is Mommy's SLUMBER PARTY! That's right, mom is leaving Daddy and the girls at home, and our MOPS leadership team is having a little planning, a lotta party night ALL NIGHT!! I don't remember my last slumber party, and I am way excited about this one!:)
So here's the menu for the week.....
Monday
Breakfast: pancakes, milk
Lunch: PB&J, apples and Carmel dip
Supper: Sirloin Steak in marinade, salad, baked potato
Tuesday
Breakfast: Cereal, milk, Toast
Lunch: Grilled cheese, peas
Supper: Chicken Parmesan, salad
Wednesday
Breakfast: pancakes, milk
Lunch: Pizza
Supper: Leftovers (Chicken Parm, Steak)
Thursday
Breakfast: Cereal, Milk, Toast
Lunch: Chicken Nuggets, Green Beans
Supper: Kids only
Friday
Breakfast: Pancakes, Milk
Lunch: PB&J, Apples and Carmel Dip
Supper: Leftovers
Saturday
Breakfast: Cereal, Milk, Toast
Lunch: Chicken Fried Rice
Supper: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Sunday
Breakfast: Toast, cereal, Milk
Lunch: Roast, potatoes, carrots, bread
Supper: Leftovers and popcorn
-----------------------------------------
Visit Organizing Junkie for more menu ideas!
No comments:
Post a Comment