I was doing so well, blogging often, but I've fallen off the boat. I am out of ideas, though I'm sure the kids will provide something if I listen closely enough!
This week is a crazy week. We aren't really eating supper together much at all. Scott had meetings last night, board meeting tonight, church tomorrow night, and packing on Thursday night. Friday he leaves for Fall retreat with the teens. So, the girls and I are fending for ourselves. Its been leftovers for suppers, and cooking at lunch. Today we had grilled cheese with tomato soup and fruit. I also made pancakes for breakfast.
We have a new friend with us two days a week now also. DJ is Bella's age. He is here various days each week. He's having a bit of trouble adjusting to being here and missing his mommy, but he's doing okay. I'm trying to do some preschool activities with both he and Bella. Today we drew their name big and glued macaroni to the letters. Bella loved it. DJ preferred drawing combines on his paper. He can already write his name. Maybe that will motivate Bella. She has started to recognize the letters in her name recently. Right now is quiet time, so to pass the time they are watching Polar Express while the babies sleep.
I have two goals for this week (aside from keeping up with laundry and keeping the house clean!): Shaping the branches to our Christmas tree, and sewing! There are many things that I want to make this season (mostly gifts), and I need to get started. Since we are having Thanksgiving at our house next week, I can't put up the tree yet. But I want to be ready to get it up the day after, so I'm trying to do the prep work now. Maybe I should also add that I need to plan the menu for Thanksgiving dinner also! It will definitely include 7 layer lettuce salad, and apple salad! My favorites (a perk of being the cook, right?!)
What is your favorite dish for Thanksgiving?
your layout is cute!
ReplyDeletemy favorite dishes are homemade noodles and mashed potatoes!
I tried to comment last night and blogger wouldn't let me.
ReplyDeleteI, too, have times when I don't feel like I have anything important to blog about (like last night - I rambled and posted anyway).
Put your tree up early! We'll probably do ours next weekend, after T'giving. Looking forward to decorating for Christmas!
My favorite dish is creamed spinach. I have an easy recipe.
ReplyDelete1 box frozen spinach
1/2 stick butter
1 med onion
8 oz sour cream
I like to add about 2 oz of cream cheese too
Saute onions add thawed and drained spinach, add sour cream and cream cheese. Heat til warmed. Add parmesan cheese and garlic if you like it. I do.(about a 1/4 cup cheese, and 1/2-1 tsp of minced galic)
I just like to read whats on your mind!!!
mmm.. noodles, I may be inspired to attempt them! Scott thinks I'm crazy, but I think I can handle it. Grandma did those when had holidays at her house. I miss them.
ReplyDeletethey're really not too difficult...the key is good broth and seasoning anyway! :)
ReplyDelete