Monday, November 10, 2008

Menu Monday

We had a house full of teenagers yesterday afternoon, and I loved it! I miss the days when that was the case regularly (in Alexandria:). Scott had a leadership team meeting at our house, then we hung out and watched football. They picked up their own fast food on the way over, so it was easy on me! I did provide an ice cream sunday bar. That was quite the hit! We loaded them all up and headed to evening church when it was time. I'm glad the kids feel welcome to stay all day!

This morning I got up for my regular routine, and then realized that Lincoln wasn't coming today! I have a 'free' day:) Not really, Scott and I made a list of all those things that have just been waiting to be completed, so I have that list to work on today. Things like putting some items on Craigslist, paying doctor bills, checking on a warranty, and mailing diapers to get them repaired or replaced. At least these items will be completed and not hanging over my head!

Now for the menu....

Monday
Breakfast: toast, oatmeal
Lunch: pizza
Supper: Taco Rice

Tuesday
Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: pb&j, mixed fruit
Supper: Sloppy Joes

Wednesday
Breakfast: sausage egg biscuits
Lunch: grilled cheese, celery sticks w/pb
Supper: leftovers

Thursday
Breakfast: cereal and toast
Lunch: leftovers
Supper: chicken and black bean wraps, corn

Friday
Breakfast: pancakes
Lunch: pb&j, tortillas and salsa
Supper: Garlic Pizza

Saturday
Breakfast: toast
Lunch: leftovers
Supper: Spaghetti and meatballs

Sunday
Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: roast, potatoes, carrots
Supper: leftovers

We don't have roast every week:) Actually, we haven't had it yet. I have planned this out for the past few weeks, and then we haven't eaten lunch at home. Sometimes I don't learn of plans made until after I make the menu:)

Check out more menu ideas at Organizing Junkie.
And leave me a message of what YOU would do if you had a free day unexpectedly! I would love to spend it setting up my sewing room. I may get to that yet today:)

3 comments:

  1. If I had a free day, I would go to Indy to see you all!! Or scrapbook!!

    Love you and miss you!
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM, I will be over Friday night for pizza! ;)
    If I had a free day, I would catch up on all of the cleaning I need to do AND scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had a free day, I would love to hang out with you! I think we have even more in common now that we're wives and moms that we did as college roomies. I enjoy sewing (having a mom that owns a fabric shop helps a lot!) and I've started a scrapbook for Alexandar but haven't gotten it out of the box since Benjamin was born. If I could invent anything, it would be my own personal transportation machine (that is already stocked with diapers, etc. ... all the things you need with little people) that would take me where I wanted to go in just a few minutes!

    ReplyDelete