Monday, September 15, 2008

Week at a glance

This week is feeling full already, I think because it is weekend-heavy!
Monday- I am getting the final things together for MOPs. I have a great team, and they are each doing their jobs to make it a wonderful time for moms to enjoy some me time!
Tuesday- Just a normal day. Laundry, cleaning, loving kids!
Wednesday- Nursery tonight! I had so much fun last Wednesday with the kids! There were 11 or 12, mostly 2-3 year olds. We played with our shadows, and tried to draw them so the kids could color themselves. They weren't perfect, but the kiddos enjoyed it! And that time there reminded me why I majored in Early Childhood Education. I've recently been known to say that I won't teach school in the future. I think I may like to do preschool again someday, but I'm not interested in elementary school teaching!
Thursday- It depends on the weather and a few other things. We have finished the front landscaping. (Pictures coming soon!) There is still the side and backyard to do. Rocks to move, tilling on the side, mulch, etc.
Friday- MOPS! I'm so excited!! We have around 15 moms registered, and 30 kids! And an awesome team working to put it all together!
Also, its Red Carpet Days at Olivet Nazarene University. Scott will be leaving at 8 am with the kids, and the girls and I will follow after MOPs. I'll get to see my sister Kaitlin's dorm room, a friend from college who has kids the same age as mine, and dear friends, Lynn and Glenn Nixon. We love them!
Saturday- Returning from Olivet, rest and recovery!

Goals for the week-
Clean my room!! Any mom would be grounding me for the way our room looks right now, it really needs attention. But any mom also knows its the last one you get to, because others don't see it. I'm trying to make it a priority.

Get out my sewing machine! I have a few things that HAVE to be done before that happens, but others that can wait.

Get the oven fixed!! Scott is going to pull it out and see if it may just be a spark plug, on the advice of a friend. If not, I'm calling a repairman! We haven't done that yet because we really didn't want to pay someone just to come look, and then pay them to fix it, but there isn't anyone we know who can fix it or even give us a name, so Yellow Book, here I come! (maybe)

The Spiritual Scene-
I'm starting to study the Friendships of Women by Dee Brestin. Its a book Midday Connection is covering in their Bible Study starting September 17th. I encourage you to check it out! God created us for relationship, and women have special connections. It focuses on the friendships of women in the Bible.

Prayer Request- Scott's mom is undergoing tests this week to explain a high white blood cell count. The current diagnosis is Myloid Leukemia. We are awaiting test results to hear if its the "good" kind or the "bad" kind. The "good" kind would most likely mean that she would be put on medication everyday for the rest of her life.

5 comments:

  1. You have a full week!
    I've read the Dee Brestin book you mentioned several years ago - a good one! If you haven't already, check out the Women's mentoring ministry that is getting ready to start this Fall at church. I know you're busy, but this is a fabulous way to grow new friendships.
    I watched your family on the front row yesterday morning - the girls are just so cute!
    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not even sure I could accomplish all you're doing in a month let alone a week, lol.

    As for ovens... My hubby might (and I'm stretching the word) be able to help. He knows a little about some of that stuff.

    Hey, maybe I just need to keep reading your posts to get 'inspired' to become as active as you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom told me about Scott's mom earlier this week. Keep us posted. And if I am not right about the oven you can keep it at a friend suggested...if I am right I want credit HAHA JUST KIDDING. And I am a blog stalker.

    ReplyDelete