Monday, September 8, 2008
An odd question for the experienced mommies out there!
Bella slept 6 hours last night. SIX HOURS. and woke up fine and dandy, ready to go at 7:25 this morning. She didn't go to sleep until after 12:30 last night. Here's the problem: She insists on taking naps. I have no issue with that, but she waits until 4 or 5 in the afternoon to take a 2-3 hour nap. I've tried the whole quiet time after lunch. She plays on her bed and doesn't go to sleep. I may try it again today. SO, HOW do you keep a preschool girl from taking the beauty rest she thinks she needs so badly?? I want her to NOT take a nap, and then go to bed at a decent hour!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I really don't know what to tell you. Jaden stopped napping when he was 3! I had to beg him to, and then I figured I would just make him stop. He goes to bed at 9pm and wakes at 7:30am. Cassidy naps from 2 to 4:30 and goes to bed at 8:30pm and wakes at 7:30am. We have a set schedule. I hope you find someone who can help you! You need to have that time at night to yourself (and your hubby!).
ReplyDeleteWe are exactly the same boat. jacob has added a new nighttime ritual to bedtime that I could live without. insisting he has to pee 300 times during bedtime...
ReplyDeleteWell, if she won't nap earlier, she may just not be tired until that point. If you don't want her to nap at all, try things to keep her awake and active. I know, this is MUCH easier said than done.
ReplyDeleteMamie naps that late sometimes, but it's fine with us because we all have such a late schedule. But, there are some days where it just isn't practical, so we try to keep her awake by playing with her and letting her watch a video or something then putting her to bed earlier. Or, maybe just some 'quiet time' but not sleeping could help her to settle down enough to re-energize herself?
Definitely a tough one. I think it's going to come down to you trying out different things.
Oh, and one of them might be considering signing up for an online forum (www.mamasource.com) to see what other mamas out there have done. Great resources there. :)