Sunday, September 28, 2008

My life

This week has flown by! I feel like it should still be Wednesday or Thursday! We've been so busy, I wonder where the days have gone. It has, however, given me some things to blog about. They will be upcoming. On Wednesday, I had a wonderful time visiting with Shari! The girls got to play together, and we got to have some girl talk. It was very good, and we made plans to get together again on Friday with our hubbys for dinner. That was great too! I think that we have seen each other more often since the Hochstetlers moved than before the move (outside of church). On Thursday, Scott and I took Bella to Lebanon where my mom picked her up to keep her for the weekend. Its good for us to have a weekend where Bianca can get one on one attention with us, and we are able to get more done! After having lunch together, we went on to search for appliances. We visited 4 different places, and didn't make any decisions. We do a lot of research before purchasing large ticket items! Friday morning was our once a month cooking meeting, and, as mentioned before, we met Shari and Troy for dinner (Bianca went to the Durazo home, Thank you Mary, Celia, and Charlie!) at the Cheesecake Factory (YUM!), and then did more appliance shopping. This time we purchased a dishwasher, which Scott installed all by himself on Saturday! I'm so proud of him! He's the MAN! Also on Saturday, Scott went to the Fishers/Hamilton Southeastern soccer game, and out to lunch, while Bianca and I finished the landscaping (pictures forthcoming!)!! yay!! The planting and most of the mulching is done, only rocks to arrange. I got the living room, dining/toy room and the girls' bedroom floors steamed cleaned, too. When we put Bianca to bed at 8:30, it was so quiet!! I got to take a nice relaxing bubble bath, and rest. I forget how much I enjoy the pre-toddler stage:) She sleeps through the night (mostly), and goes to bed easily. And Scott and I got some much needed one on one time throughout the weekend.

This week, I'll be recovering from our busyness! We have lots of laundry to catch up on, and toys to put back in place when the carpet is dry in the morning. We agreed that we will have a range by the end of the week (if it's in our power!), so I'm looking forward to baking! We have 25 meals (at least) in our freezer right now, but that's a whole 'nother post (which is also coming this week!). No cooking for a while!! woohoo!! Now what to do with all of that free time... haha!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed hearing about your week! So glad you and Scott got to spend some quality time together - so important for your young family!
    Can't wait to hear about the freezer cooking - I'd love to know what was on the menu at this last endeavor. I'm gearing up for another one myself.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i might be interested in the once a month cooking next month once we have a little bit more money. it my freezer is empty for the most part i can do it

    ReplyDelete