Monday, October 27, 2008

Wonderful Pancakes!

This morning, we wanted pancakes for breakfast. And can you imagine, we were out of Bisquick?! Now, on Monday mornings, and a few other mornings a week, I have not 2, but 3 hungry babies. Our third is Lincoln, a little 18 month old that I babysit part-time, and he is an eater! So, I went to my blogger friends to find a good recipe for pancakes. I've tried an internet search for this previously, and those pancakes did not get a good review. I knew Laura over at Heavenly Homemakers would not let me down!

Whole Wheat Pancakes
2 cps whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cps buttermilk
2 eggs
6 Tbsp melted butter
Mix together dry ingredients. Add buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir well with whisk.
Use a 1/4 cup to pour onto buttered griddle or skillet. Turn when bubbles begin to form and cook for about 2 minutes.
These pancakes were fantabulous! They even passed the tastebuds of the pickiest eater I know, and she is tough! They were so much better than Bisquick, I don't think we'll ever go back.:) Part of me never planned to buy it again, but now I have reason not to! Thank you, Laura!!

NOTE: My family is not accustomed to whole wheat texture, so I split the flour 50/50 whole wheat and bleached flour.
Also, I do not have buttermilk in my kitchen, but I found a short cut to make it: Pour 1 tablespoon Vinegar into 1 cup measuring cup and then fill to 1 cup with milk for each cup of buttermilk.
COMING SOON: Menu Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try your recipe soon; they sound good! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't have time for the whole-made kind (which do sound fantastic!) my favorite brand is Krusteaz. They have other mixes, like quick breads and muffins which I've never tried, but I seldom buy another brand. =)

    ReplyDelete