Monday, June 13, 2011
28 weeks
Pregnancy Highlights: Baby Bumblebee has been sideways for sometime. It got pretty uncomfortable for a bit. But last weekend (at 27 weeks), he became very active (I got some painful kicks!), and flipped himself head down. He fits better that way! Yes, I have feet and a rear end in my ribs every once in a while, but its so much better than him trying to stretch those legs out the side of my stomach!
How Far Along: 28 weeks
Size of Baby: Baby Bumblebee is now weighs about two and a quarter pounds (Dr. estimated 2 lbs, 6 oz on Monday), and measures about 14.8 inches head to heel. On Monday's ultrasound, Bumblebee was matching the numbers exactly for my due date, the doctor was quite impressed!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained somewhere around 18 pounds so far, right on schedule!
Maternity Clothes: It's all maternity wear for me, there are few things that still fit from my old wardrobe. I'm learning to be creative.
Gender: It's a BOY! And I am pretty sure we have a name! But don't bother asking, because we are not giving hints. Nope, not even a little one. Sorry MOM!
Movement: This is one active little boy. The doctor even commented on it last week! He does not like the poking and prodding that comes with the ultrasound, and he pokes back. ha! Doctor had some trouble getting his measurements because Bumblebee kept moving around on him. Sometimes my stomach looks like one of those bags you see on cartoons where one or two animals are caught in a knapsack and they are fighting, with the arms and legs flying out everywhere... yeah, that's my tummy!
Sleep: I've been getting more sleep, when its not interrupted by an exercising boy. Generally, I'm aiming for about 9 hours a night. Its been very good this week!
What I miss: I'm enjoying this pregnancy, so there's not much I miss!
Cravings: Ice chips, and chocolate chip cookies.
Symptoms: Typical pregnancy symptoms. Nothing too bad. But I feel huge, and the back pains are starting to confirm that feeling. I've been wearing a pregnancy support belt off and on that helps, and staying off of my feet this week. Having some pains that are seeming like contractions, but nothing enough to worry about yet.
Best Moment This Week: Bella and Bianca are finally getting very interested in little Bumblebee. They are always asking if he's awake and moving, and if I say no, they ask if they can wake him up. They want to feel him moving all the time!
Medically: Gestational diabetes test is over! I don't think I'll ever be able to stomach a green popsicle again, though. Apparently I did okay, because I never heard anything from the doctor. Also, I start weekly appointments with the perinatologist - every Monday, I'm in for a biophysical profile. That means they'll be monitoring the baby's heart rate, movement, amniotic fluid, etc., to be sure the placenta is functioning properly and that baby is doing well. This is all due to the Prothrombin 20210/Factor II Mutation (genetic disorder) that I have. I have one more monthly appointment with my OB, and then I'll start biweekly appointments with him. Refer to week 17 post for the perinatologist appointment about the Prothrombin/Factor II Mutation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Green popsicle? No orange drink?
ReplyDeleteMy third boy was induced because I gained so little weight during pregnancy. After he was delivered there was almost nothing to the placenta-he had taken EVERYTHING out of it. It makes sense now that I know that I had Factor II. So take those perinatologist appointments seriously and be thankful when you gain weight!
So happy you are at 28 weeks and counting...
Thanks Ewe. Yeah, the drink was lemon-lime this time. And it burned the whole way down. Thank goodness that is a memory of the past!
ReplyDelete