Friday, January 16, 2009

Update on Bella

Thank you all for your input. Trish, I tear up when I read your comment. I DO want a child who will stick to her guns no matter what, especially in this day and age! So how do I teach her has to be for the right things?! You are right, I daily find myself sending up prayers about how to handle her. I cannot win a battle with her, she is too stubborn, so I have to be careful not to make it a battle, KWIM? I should have known the first time I spanked her, and she laughed and spanked herself! And I know it hurt!

Thus far, we are finishing off the cleaning out process. Today, she actually had enough control to sit on the toilet and go! We did the happy dance! Now to see what the true effects of the miralax will be. As soon as I know she is eating enough to get the job done, I will take her off slowly, and start some stool softeners.

As for food, I have hesitated on buying any cookbooks, as she will not try anything new. So unless there are recipes about how to sneak things into pizza sauce, peanut butter, or spaghettios, its not happening with her. I didn't think 4 recipes would be enough to justify the book, but I may see if I can get it at the library to browse.

We are handling feeding very differently with Bianca now. She refused baby food from the beginning, preferring something with some solidity to it. I even tried making my own. She doesn't like the texture, and has even refused chocolate pudding! She went straight to table food! I'm not fully convinced that some of Bella's issues didn't root themselves in the whole issue of jar baby food. I remember when she started refusing anything green, then it grew to carrots, etc, until she would only eat table food. Being the naive mother I was, I thought she needed certain foods, and made her a meal separate from ours. So she got hot dogs a lot. I know, really healthy, but I did buy the all beef ones.... Anywho, eventually she started eating our meals, but she has been a picky eater ever since. So, Bianca now gets whatever we are having. There are very few things she'll turn down when she's really hungry. In fact, I can't even eat without her tasting what I'm having now. Its the opposite problem!! UGH....

Well, anyhow, just wanted to give a little update on how Bella is doing, and thank you for your advice. I did try a fruit smoothie again, but it was something new, and she wanted nothing to do with it. Luckily, it was all fruit, so Scott was able to enjoy it for breakfast!

1 comment:

  1. Precious MaMa, you called to Him and he will answer and tell you great and unsearchable things you did not know!! I know you will be guided by The Holy Spirit. You are wise in not making it a battle. If there is no battle, there is no win. One moment at a time. I am going to ask a silly question. Have you and Scott sat down and talked about how to handle this? To make sure you are on the same page? Once you two agree on a plan, stick to it. If you need to rid the house of PB jelly and sketti o's then get them out and tell her she can have what you are eating and nothing else. If she throws a fit, send her to her room-with no food- and nothing later either. She will have to wait until the next feeding to eat. I bet she will start eating once she realizes you WILL NOT FEED her anything other than what you are fixing. I have had to do some of the same things with Cail, he wants PBJ for his birthday dinner. You just have to not give in. So far she has just waited long enough for you to feel bad, then you give in, she gets to eat the foods she wants. Kids are way smarter than us. She knows she will get the food eventually. Once she knows you mean business, no more tears.

    I love you and can't wait to see your precious girls when they are precious women. Hang in there one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete