Friday, January 16, 2009

Brrrr! Its cold outside!

We have been enjoying a quiet (?!) week at home this week. I finally got the snow I've been wishing for since Thanksgiving! It came a few hours after I declared to the weatherman on television that I did not believe him, that its never going to snow, and my flowers are going to start blooming soon! (It was very dishonest of me, and mostly out of frustration that they kept getting it wrong, but apparently it worked!) We got a snow day out of it, as Scott got to come home early on Wednesday, and church was cancelled. Now we are awaiting some balmier temperatures so that we can go outside to build a snowman. I'm not sure what the high is today, but the low last night was -14*!

We have been dealing with the post-effects of Bella's visit to the doctor this week. She is officially cleaning her system out, I'm sure! We've had an explosion everyday this week, and the toilet has had to be cleaned daily, right after I wipe her down enough to get her in the tub. I've also been working on convincing her that we do, in fact, need to eat more than pb&j for lunch, and have been adding a side to her meal each time. Her choice at this time is chips and salsa. I know. Its not the best way to get vegetables in, but its a start. She still declares that she will eat vegetables when she is "older." What that age is, I have yet to determine! I've also been trying to point out when she does eat vegetables, such as, the ketchup that she LOVES is made of tomatoes, or there are veggies in the pizza sauce. I hope this doesn't make her not want to eat these things, but I thought if she realizes that she is already eating some veggies, it wouldn't hurt to try some others.

I am also getting into my cleaning mood that comes along with each pregnancy. Scott loves this! I do a combination of extreme purging and cleaning. When I was pregnant with Bianca, laundry was always caught up, the house clean, and the floor mopped! That's the last time that happened, too:) Currently, I'm suffering the urge, but not the energy. I can feel it coming, though.

I am very excited about a series of posts that Laura is working on over at Heavenly Homemakers about how she feeds her family. She grinds her own grain, makes her own bread, and focuses on healthy foods. This comes at the perfect time for our family, as Scott is on his Daniel's Fast, and we are realizing just what is in all of the foods we eat. Reading labels will really open your eyes and make you wonder why certain things have to be added to the more popular brands, when the more natural brands do not use them. What really is the purpose? Anyhow, I'm very excited to see what Laura has to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment