Friday, August 22, 2008

Vacation!

Its been a while. The past two weeks have been some wonderful, relaxing and reviving downtime in our family. We started out with a trip to Tennessee, where we got to spend the weekend with some good friends. Scott interned with Todd at Manteno Church of the Nazarene, and we both worked with that youth group for 3 years. They are the kind of friends who can pick up at the instant they see each other, just like it was yesterday that they were together, even though its been a year. We went boating on Dale Hollow Lake with their family on Saturday, where we tubed, then pulled off and went swimming for a bit. Scott jumped off a cliff that was at least 40 feet high, and I managed to knee board! I was sore, but it was totally worth it!

On Sunday we traveled to Pigeon Forge to meet my parents and all of my brothers and sisters, brother-in-law, and nephew. We all stayed in a big cabin up the mountain, about 10 minutes or so from town. It was awesome! During the week, we went white water rafting, to SplashCountry, hiked Clingman's Dome, hit the outlet malls, walked around Gatlinburg, and just hung out. Scott and I even found an evening to get out without the girls to go to a Hibachi Grill for dinner. And of course, how could I forget?! We visited THE Christmas Place, and saw SANTA CLAUS! Bianca was in love with him, and Bella couldn't get far enough away! It was great fun, and we got our ornament for vacation there, along with a Colts ornament, of course:) We always get an ornament on vacation so that we can remember each trip as we decorate the Christmas tree each year, its our very own family tradition.

This week, I have been "off". Lincoln, the little boy I watch, is on vacation. So the girls and I have been recovering from vacation and trying to put the house back in order. Yesterday was Scott's day off, so we spent the day outside, organizing in the garage (rummage sale coming soon) and working on the landscaping (It need HELP!). Don Johnson came over last night and helped immensely, as landscaping is not my nor Scott's forte. We are pulling everything out and starting over. They pulled 4 bushes out last night and trimmed our Blue Spruce. It already looks better!

I'll add pictures when I get them back. I'm still in the stone age using film, b/c to get a digital as nice as my camera, I would have to work 5 years!! (Or more, probably:) I like my camera, what can I say. We do have a digital, but its batteries were out.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for stopping by my blog!! I am glad to hear from you.
    For curriculum, I am using CLASS. I love it!!!!!
    http://www.christianlibertyacademy.com/

    ReplyDelete