Monday, August 4, 2008

Week in review...We've been busy!

Stay tuned... I'm having trouble loading pictures! We had a busy week, including getting a swing set, going to the zoo, seeing Aunt Angie and Uncle Travis, Freezer cooking, and a new kitchen playset. I plan to share about all of these soon!

In other happenings, we celebrate the life of Grandpa Willis E. Snowbarger. Grandpa went to be with the Lord late Friday night. Scott is traveling by plane tonight to Oklahoma City to attend the funeral. It will be a quick trip, Monday night to Tuesday night. There will be a memorial service in the future in Bourbonnais, IL, which the girls and I will attend.

I have started some crocheting. I'll be posting my works in progress soon! I think first on the list is a bag. I'm very excited! Today we are trading our futon for a trundle bed, so that will open up space to put my craft table up in the office!! I have found one on Craig's List that I like, but I have to figure out how to pay for it... I think I may have to wait a bit on that. We'll see.....
Also, I'm throwing around names for an online shop. I'm looking for something meaningful to me, but versatile. Scott thinks I need a name like "Vera Bradley" that allows variety of product, yet sounds sophisticated. I've been trying to figure out a combination of names, such as Bella Ruth, but not sure any of that is going to work. I have one that I like, but I just came up with it, and I want to share it with Scott first. Secrets! I love secrets!

I'm also thinking of assigning some posting topics to my days. Some topics I have in mind include Blog highlights, Weekly plan, Picture day, Green day, Work day... still developing, stay tuned! Most of these are from browsing other blogs (kudos to Adrienne for green day and work (in progress) day), but it would help me to regulate my postings a bit more!

Please keep Scott and our church staff in your prayers this week. They are meeting with our new Senior Pastor throughout the week. Pastor Michael Morris's first Sunday will be September 14, but he is here for District Assembly, so he and the staff will be together a bit this week. Also, Wednesday is Intern Jon's last day with us. He will be returning to his normal life again. I already know that he will be missed around our home, as Bella asks if Jon is coming home with Daddy too, at the end of the day. Scott will miss having a partner-in-crime in the youth ministry. And finally, our NextGen pastor, Troy Hochstetler will have his last Sunday at our church on this Sunday. They will be greatly missed in our home also! Each of us have bonded with one of the Hochstetlers, and our family as a whole loves them all.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda - I love what you're thinking about! Lots of good thoughts concerning your blog and your startup business. Great stuff!

    So sorry about Scott's Grandpa. Praying for you all this week.

    That last paragraph you wrote reminded me once again of all the changes coming our way in our church. We're blessed, for sure. Just need to continue looking to the Lord for our guidance and assurance each day. Blessings will abound!
    Hugs to you and the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, just checkin' on ya! I'm sorry about Scott's grandpa. Hang in there...Can't wait to see your online store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always busy! :) And crocheting?? I didn't know you knew how! That's great! :)
    We are sorry about the passing of Scott's Grandpa. Hope that he makes it home safely tonite.
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete