So today, I just thought I would share with you what I've been reading, thinking about, and where I've been wasting my time. Also, I'll note that while I do not usually comment on the political issues, today is one of those days where I'm putting it out there.
- I am always challenged by the posts at Keeper of the Home. No matter what is posted over there, it makes me think, wonder, and consider if I am doing the best for my family. Today is a post about 10 Ingredients to Make From Scratch. I do cook from scratch, but I haven't gotten this far in my tiny kitchen, though in the past I have made salsa, pasta sauce, and once, a cream soup. Its just not something I regularly do.
- This post is a link I ran across in an email newsletter I received yesterday. While I am not Catholic, nor do I live in Rhode Island, I find it a very interesting read with many valid points. I do not often get political on here, but this is well stated.
- The issue of birth control being publicly provided is a hot topic. Its not just about birth control or women's health, however. Its so much more. The various types of birth control include contraceptives that can cause life threatening side effects, embryo killing drugs, and sterilization. It also forces me, as a tax payer, to provide this with my money, and as a Christian, I cannot financially and conscientiously support these abortion causing drugs, not to mention the financial costs to a government who is already sinking in debt. Many have been asking where the women are on this issue, and I came across this open letter to President Obama, Secretary Sebelius, and Members of Congress that you can add your name to if you are in agreement.
- On a MUCH lighter note, I really like this dress, and am thinking about making it. The great debate is what size, mainly because I want it to fit my girls, and I'm not sure how long it will take me to complete two of them. Oh, and the yarn, because I would have to search out my own; the yarn used in the pattern is 'mucho dinero.'
- Bella told me last night that she wants this basket for Easter, which is two weeks away. Not sure if I can pull that one off either! It is a crochet pattern, if you are interested.
- And I found it on Pinterest. I am in love with Pinterest! Its such a great place to find ideas and tips for things I would never have thought of on my own. And while I'm sure that the companies love us posting their items, it is still a sticky situation when it comes to pinning other people's blogs and ideas. That is something Pinterest needs to work on. P.S. You can follow me here :O)


Glad you had a happy Spring Break! And I'm also glad you posted about birth control (as a believer as well, I agree). It's super bold and awesome and spectacular of you to be open and public about your stance on this serious debate. So, basically, you rock! :)
ReplyDelete