Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Post 100! Moving Part 1: The search begins!

How appropriate that this post would be #100?! I have so many things to tell you, I feel like I could make a list of 100 different new pieces to our lives right now. I don't think you'd make it through 100 news stories from us, so I'll keep it to the most important things!
Also, we have a computer now! So hopefully I will be able to keep in touch with all of you again. I am SO excited to finally have a computer that works! And I'm learning all the neat things that Windows 7 can do. No complaints yet! Love it!

ETA: Even though I tried to keep it short, it got long, WAY LONG! So I'm breaking this into a four part series that will post over the next three days. Stay tuned to learn what great change has occurred in our lives!
We are now living in Eagleville, Pennsylvania! Wondering how, why, what, when? Here's the scoop!

Scott and I had felt for some time that the church we were at and we ourselves had grown in different ways so much that we were being led to serve elsewhere. Where was the big question. There was much searching for the heart of the Lord to be in this move. Scott was wondering if youth ministry was still his call in ministry, and started to feel out other areas of ministry. In the end, he realized that youth ministry really was still his call, but not traditional youth pastor positions. Youth ministry positions can be a dime a dozen, but finding something a little non-traditional in the Nazarene church is not! We were frustrated in our search, but knew that God had a special place for us and was preparing us and the church for the change.
At first we were looking mostly close to home because it was comfortable and our family was nearby, but I remember a breaking point where I said to Scott, "I don't care where it is, I just want to get there!" God must have been laughing when He heard me state this, and decided to test it. Well, about a week later, a pastor at a church in NEW JERSEY called. When Scott mentioned this, I just laughed and as I walked away, Scott reminded me, "You said anywhere!" So I started praying about it, and about a week later, we decided to pursue this opportunity. In talking with the pastor, everything sounded like what we and they were looking for, so we decided to go out there for an interview. We spent 3 days getting the know the church, the staff, and the area. We met a great staff and wonderful people, and got to know a church which was making an impact in their community. We knew going out for the interview that we were just looking for confirmation that this was the right place for us. Although there was nothing that jumped at us as red flags or things we didn't like, we didn't receive that confirmation from the Lord, even after a week of prayer at home. So our search began again.

4 comments:

  1. I'm ready for the next 3 posts! We never had a chance to talk and get the scoop. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to hear the rest of the story, this sounds a little like what Eric and I are going through right now. I think I have said the very same thing to Eric "At this point I don't care where just get us there". I'm excited for you both and all that God has in store for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear your story! Mike keeps asking me if I have heard from you and if you have gotten settled in. I did tell him about the house! Looking forward to your next 3 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, Just read through all of this. Life is so interesting isn't it. We're having our own computer challenges and I'm not on very much any more...just strictly used for all of the business drawings. Email me! I hope things are going great for you! xo rachel

    ReplyDelete