Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Part 2: Prepare for Change

We were at General Assembly in Orlando, Florida, when Scott mentioned in passing that he got a phone call from someone at a church in Pennsylvania, and he was going to meet with them. I remember saying, "Okay, whatever," and not thinking about it much. After this meeting, I asked how it went, and Scott said it was good, but wasn't sure what or if he would hear from them again. By the time we got back home, Scott had an email requesting his resume. So at this point, I did ask what the name of the church was and where it was. We were checking out the website, and it looked very interesting. We were beginning to wonder how they got our contact info, but realized that they were on the same district as the New Jersey church with whom we had interviewed. While I was still trying to remember the name of the church, and just starting to mention it to my mom, Scott was discussing the possibility of us going out to Philadelphia for an interview.Though just two months before I would have been distressed at the thought of moving halfway across country, the Lord had been working in my heart and mind to prepare me for this possibility. We were able to visit Fairview Village Church of the Nazarene in August, and felt very positive about everything we experienced. Within two days of returning, Scott accepted the position with my full support. Scott announced his resignation at Indianapolis First Church of the Nazarene on the following Wednesday, and we moved full swing into figuring out how to make a move across country to a place you hardly know.

1 comment:

  1. I love and miss you Miss Amanda! Gone through so much together we have...Juls KNight

    ReplyDelete