Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Part 3: The LORD is Faithful

ETA: Sorry I didn't include pictures this time. We are trying something new with our internet (I'll share that later!), and with moving into our home this past week, I haven't been able to post. I've been eating, sleeping, unpacking, and shopping for things we need to get settled in our new home! Its slowly starting to feel like home.


Through this time, I thought a lot about what Abraham must have experienced when God called him to leave his country and travel to the Promised Land. He was leaving everything he knew, to go to a place the Lord had called him. The excitement, apprehension, sadness, happiness, and fear he must have experienced. At least we knew where we were going, and what would be there.

Everything fell perfectly into place for our move. We put our house on the market, hoping to break close to even on it, since we had owned it just 3 years in a shaky market. We also hoped to close before we had to move, in little more than 30 days. Some would say this was impossible, and we knew it wasn't probable, but we prayed in this way. In 5 days, we had 3 showings, and received two full price offers! What an answer to prayer! We were also able to close on the house the day that we loaded the truck to leave for Pennsylvania. Improbable, but not impossible with God!

When we arrived in Eagleville, we moved in with the Executive Pastor Bryan Heil and his wife Linda in the parsonage next to the church. They have two children away at college, so they had some extra rooms to spare for us. We had looked at apartments and rentals online, but it was so hard to know what neighborhood they were in or what they even really looked like. The opportunity to have some temporary living quarters until we found something was another answer to prayer!

Since then, we have found a home that is exactly what I asked for to rent at the price we wanted. I have always wanted a farmhouse, but being married to a youth pastor, that was not practical, so I started praying for a farmer who had a house on land that he would rent out. The house we found is exactly that. It is surrounded by Worcester Stables and pastureland, at the end of a quarter mile tree lined lane. It has the character and charm of the farmhouse I've always wanted, with land for the girls to play and room for a big garden. We even have our own little family of critters... a groundhog, horses, and deer. God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing how God's Hand has been in this move all along. We miss you all so much, but we know that God has you right where He wants you at this time -How reassuring to be in that place!
    The new house sounds great - a farmhouse! I know you will put your special touch on it! How fun!
    Hugs to the girls, and you & Scott!

    ReplyDelete