Friday, October 9, 2009

I'm Alive!

Just a quick note to let you all know I have not fallen off the face of the earth, and I am NOT pregnant! (As one reader questioned my silence) We have moved to Eagleville, Pennsylvania, and Scott has started his new job at Fairview Village Church of the Nazarene. We do not have a computer right now, so I have to beg, steal or borrow to get online, which is why you have not heard from me recently. I prefer not to steal, but I will resort to begging to borrow. I snuck into Scott's office this morning because he is helping to put a new roof on a part of the church right now!

Pray for our family in this time. Its a huge move for us. I have met a couple moms, but haven't gotten much interaction with them. I joined a Women of the Word Bible Study this week, and am looking for a MOPS group. We are also searching for housing right now. It is SO much more expensive than in Indianapolis, just finding a two bedroom apartment will cost more than our house payment in Indy, and then we have to cover utilities also. Currently we are living with a pastor on staff here and his wife. They live in the parsonage, and since their kids are away at college, there is some extra space. There have been a lot of changes in our lives this month. Bella started preschool this week. We are trying to figure out how to increase our income a bit, which may include me working part-time or more until we pay off our debt and free up that money.

We know that this move was fully in God's plan for us, and we are completely at peace, even with all these uncertainties. I will provide a more extensive update soon (including how we ended up in Pennsylvania), but I wanted you to know how to pray for us during this time. God has opened every door in His timing, and I just know He will keep it up!

5 comments:

  1. Good to hear you are getting settled and I am praying for you daily. :) Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are slowly but surely adjusting. Now, I was only teasing on my question. ;) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been thinking about your move a lot. I will pray that you find the fellowship that you need. I know how hard it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I would check you out and I thought Christmas in October? Oh well. I need to call Scott but I feel like I am always on the phone...thats because I am! Praying for you guys!
    Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  5. your link is wrong for the new church...
    http://fairviewvillagechurch.com/
    try that one.

    ReplyDelete