Monday, June 15, 2009

Bella's Birthday Party

Bella finally got her 'special' cake yesterday. It has become a tradition that I make a special cake for the girls' birthday. I love doing this! Bella and I made a trip to the craft store, and she picked her cake out. She really wanted a princess cake again this year, but I wasn't ready to tackle that one again, so I limited her to the pans that were available. She decided a castle was close enough! We had a few graduation open houses to attend Saturday, so I was up late Saturday night finishing up the cake. I love how it turned out!
Bella had her Nina, Papa, 4 aunts and uncles, plus us for her party yesterday. She was a little embarrassed when we sang Happy Birthday, and made some silly faces!
I think it may have rained a little on the castle when she tried to blow out the candles! ha! Daddy had to help with the last one.... Bella seems to think that every time you blow out candles, you get a little older. Saturday night when Scott was tucking her into bed, they were discussing her birthday party the next day. Bella asked, "How old will I be this time?" and she was a little confused when Scott told her she would still be 4! On the actual day of her birthday, she kept saying she was still 3, until she finally got to blow out the candles. When we asked her how old is she, Bella promptly answered, "Now I'm 4!"


1 comment:

  1. Cute cake! We do a special one for the kids at our house too. =) I cannot believe how much she is looking like you in these pics!!!

    ReplyDelete