Wednesday, February 18, 2009

God allowed it....

So through this journey of miscarriage, I have been seeking how God is in it. I know he is there. I also know that though He is omnipotent, God chose to give us choice, and the miscarriage was not caused by God, but by the Fall that began with the choices of Adam and Eve. I was reading "Rekindling the Romance" by Dennis and Barbara Rainey last night, which has nothing to do with miscarriage, but this quote struck me.
God allows disappointment to bring us face-to-face with what we really believe and value, sometimes on a daily basis so we have to depend on Him for the grace to continue to love as He intends. But the promise is this: on the other side... is the hope of a greater taste of heaven. The apostle Paul put it this way, "we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us" (Romans 5:3-5).

4 comments: