Tuesday, July 1, 2008

No packrats here!

I LOVE summertime!! It energizes me. I can get more done in one day of summer than a whole week of winter! Especially when it means I get to go outside and play or to the pool:)
Recently, we have been decluttering. Mainly, I have been on a mission to remove the pronoun packrat from the list of those which might describe me. Dear Hubby convinced me during this past spring that I am, in fact, a packrat! UGH! I never thought of myself that way, but then I started looking around. I have items in my home that do not make me happy. In fact, they do just the opposite, they upset me. I want a clean and orderly home, but some things just do not have places to go. And I hold onto them simply because others expect me to do so.
Not anymore!! Watch out things! You are finding a new home somewhere outside the walls of my own home! I am doing quite well, if I say so myself. My garage is a testimony to this:) It has been filled once again (b/c this winter, we actually put 2 cars in it!), and our cars are camping in the driveway. These items are waiting for me to decide if they should be donated or put in our rummage sale that we are planning.
My end goal in all of this is to be able to set up a room for my crafting desire. Recently someone asked me what I would do if I could do anything with no concern for money, and my immediate reply was "Create things!" I LOVE to make things: sewing, drawing, scrapbooking, taking pictures, anything you can teach me or I can teach myself! So that will be my reward for all my work. I will have a room, an entire room, devoted to my desire to create things! I can't tell you how excited I am about this. I am hoping that I may even find a niche where I can profit a little from doing a lot of what I love.
What do you love? What energizes you? What would you do with your life if money and responsiblity were not an issue?

2 comments:

  1. Amanda - Great first post! I knew you would be a fabulous blogger!
    I read Peter Walsh's book - "It's All Too Much" and it is a great motivator to organizing and decluttering your STUFF!
    So cool that you're working toward getting your own studio for creating. I have one, but Emilee lives in there, so I share with her until she is able to get her own place.
    Keep posting - will your exciting life I bet you never run out of things to blog about!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! Great first post! So glad you are started. And doesn't it feel great to declutter? Closer to your craft room goal...keep working on it, it'll happen!

    ReplyDelete