Rachel over at A Romantic Porch asked the third and final question. Rachel is a friend I have gotten to know through various youth activities at church. She is mother to three children, two teenage boys and one little princess, whom my Bella absolutely adores! Rachel is a very wise mom I have turned to with questions over the past three years. She is also a wonderful seamstress and creative home decorator. Check out her site to see some of her ideas! There are things I would never think of over there!
Rachel wants to know how Bella is doing with going potty. If you will remember, we had to take Bella to the doctor to get her going again. I will spare you the details today, but you can read them here.
We have managed to get her to go potty more regularly. Now if only we can get her to actually go on the potty! She prefers her underwear. There have been a few victories, but when she really has to go and work at it, she likes to hide.
Currently she is on Benefiber every day. We ran out of Miralax last week. I'm trying to see how she does without it. She was taking a half dose every other day. We have also gotten her to try a few new things this week. She values her sweets greatly, so the deal is if she takes one bite of said vegetable, she can have something after dinner. This week, she has tasted ham, corn, and fried potatoes. She actually made a meal of the potatoes. We made celebrated that! I know they don't have a lot of nutrition in them, but its a start of her trying something new and discovering she liked it! She has also been limited to one PB&J a day, and supper is what everyone else is having.
So, she is making some progress! Yay!
Ah Amanda, You are so sweet. What kind words. You are doing such a great job mothering your family. Keep up the good work. I haven't gotten to go around visiting and so I'm just now catching up. I've been wondering about Bella. Across the years when I've been in a frustrating phase, I've tried to remind myself, "This too shall pass" and somehow it does! Funny that I would say that in a response to the Bella going potty update, but there it is, so I guess I will leave it, and say hang in there sweet one! xorachel
ReplyDelete