Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas is near!

I've been avoiding you... under the ploy of 'trying to get things done.' The real reason I've not been posting is that I had a secret. One I was afraid would shine through in my post in some weird way. Because it has changed every routine and process I thought I had down. Its morning sickness, but it lasts all day, and rears its ugly head about the time my stomach empties itself out, and then is there to torment me while I try so hard to figure out what actually sounds good and is worth the effort to make. I have to fight this about every two hours, and its tiring, especially with two little girls, and sometimes one or two boys, demanding food, time, energy, and attention. And most especially when I open the fridge and gag. That's the best:)

But I also know that along with this, will come a most precious gift from God. We will be adding a new baby in July, when Bella is just turned 4, and Bianca is 21 months old. We are all very excited about this new addition. Isabella has started asking if it's here yet. I have tried to explain to her that she will have a birthday, it will be warm, and we'll be swimming again before baby gets here. That lasts for a couple hours, and then we have the conversation again.:) Bianca just knows that something is up, or maybe not. She can't decide. But the Christmas presents are cool!

In all of this, Christmas could not come at a better time for me! I mean, there's always food, and I don't have to fix it all the time! I have thoroughly enjoyed the food at each celebration we've attended. I even dreamed about it. Maybe that should have been my first clue to pregnancy. Food is never foremost on my mind. Sometimes there are more important things to do than eat.

We are getting ready to head to Illinois for Christmas. I'm not sure how we'll make it there, with everything we need to bring. Thankfully, we have a minivan this year, and we may have to take the back seat out! Someone asked for a couple large gifts from Santa this year. I'm working on packing and wrapping today, and hopefully leaving the house in some semblance of order!

This Christmas will be fun for our family! Bella is old enough to start asking if her Santa (in our family, it is tradition to believe in Santa, but know who it is:) will come down the chimney. She was concerned that her Nina's house have a fireplace just for this reason. This may be the first year that we have trouble getting her to sleep. But then, there are so many to entertain her, she may just zonk out. Bianca is just excited, but not sure what about. Her sister is very eager for something, so she is also!

Memaw and Pepaw Pittman, along with Aunt Angie and Aunt Jessica have sent gifts for the girls already, so we let them open a few each day this weekend. That lightened the load a bit, and will make for a shorter Christmas morning. Bianca averages about 5 minutes to open each gift that isn't a toy, because once she sees the white box, she's not as interested, but if its a toy, its about two minutes! Except for when she can see the toy, just not quite get to it, she has to stop and check it out. Sometimes big sister gets a little impatient with her and decides to help, and she doesn't really mind that at all!

3 comments:

  1. I can just see Bianca losing interest in the white boxes. She's so silly! And I love that she always gets excited when Bella gets excited. Sisters are so cute!

    And I'm SUPER excited about you guys having another baby!! It's gonna be awesome!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again and Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!! Something else you posted somewhere led me to believe you were expecting again, I just don't remember what I read or where I saw it! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete